CenterPoint exists to make disciples by Loving Jesus, Loving Others, and Serving the World. Our plan is unashamedly Biblical, and intentionally Reproducible.
Jesus was on a mission to make disciples. Jesus made disciples by teaching people by the thousands. He made disciples by living life together with dozens. And, He made disciples teaching a few.
Our purpose in life is to be His disciples and make disciple makers. A disciple is someone who loves, follows, and joins Jesus on His mission. Jesus did a great job at this, so we want to follow His example of how to make disciples.
At CenterPoint, we make disciples following Jesus' model. We teach people in our Sunday gatherings. We live life together in Life Groups. And, we mentor people in small groups of 3 to 5 through accountability and service.
God has determined the exact time and place in which you live, work and play for His glory. God was intentional in directing our lives, so we should live with intentionality in all that we pursue.
We multiply the kingdom by living with the purpose to make God known and enjoyed. From missional living in interacting with neighbors and coworkers to missional outreach or short or long-term mission trips, our lives have been infused with purpose and meaning. The disciple's call is multiplication and replication through the gospel—for the glory of our God.
- Disciplined in his/her relationship with God (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Involved in a gathering of believers (Hebrews 10:25)
- Spirit-filled and Spirit led (Romans 8:14, Ephesians 5:18)
- Concerned for others rather than self (Philippians 1:3-4)
- Involved in serving in his/her area of giftedness (1 Peter 4:11)
- Prayerful in all things (Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Leading others to become disciples (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Enjoys God always (Isaiah 61:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:16)
"It is only because He became like us that we can become like Him."
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship